Keggle owners: What size is your opening on top?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kal

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm in the process of designing something new and want to make sure it'll work for most keggle owners, so I have question:

What's the diameter of the hole you cut in the top of your keggle?

Thanks!

Kal

P.S. I'm an equal opportunity employer and will take measurements in inches, centimeters, furlongs, Planck lengths or even parsecs. Measurements done in Canas or cubits, however, are highly discouraged.

I believe mine is about 9.877895e-18 Pc. I based it off the size of the spare lid that I had available.

Yup. Close enough.

Ironically, very close to what I get when I do the Kessel run too.... (For all you sci-fi geeks out there). ;)

Kal

I haven't measured mine but I know I made mine too big. I almost made mine as big as the opening between the handles and now any lid I find that will fit between the handles will fall through the opening. I have to use a lid that sits on top of the handles.

MoB

keggle.jpg

About 15". I (carefully) cut the inside out, but kept the handles to make it easy to move. One of my friends once said, "You make beer in that hunk of junk?" And I said, "That hunk of junk can do the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs."

12 in opening in the keggle, and for a lid I use an upside down pizza pan from the dollar store screwed a metal drawer knob on.

Pretty much the usual for me

1.88590638 × 10^34 planck length

But my new one will have the bottom cut out all the way to the edges so my ID will be 15"

P.S. I also do the kessel run in less than 2.29106459 × 10^52 planck length

Mine is 11.75". I bought a cheap lid at the local restaurant supply store, and cut the hole to fit the lid. The lid claimed to be for a 12" opening, but I wanted a nice snug fit.

Man, mine's only 11 1/4 inches. I'm starting to feel inadequate. A 28 quart turkey fryer pot fit's it perfectly.

11.5", that's the largest I could do with my grinder
Also isn't 12 parsecs a measurement of distance not time?

Latest posts

Back