keggle or brewpot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parratt1

Reaction score
OK so I did my first full 5 gallon boil and it made me want to do full boils a lot more. If you had the option of either one, would you go for a 10 gallon brewpot or win a keggle? I do all extract now but can see trying all grain in the near future. Just trying to see any advantages or disadvantes of a keggle or brewpot realty. Thanks!

The brewpot is nicer but keggles are A LOT cheaper. Which is why they are used at all. A brewpot will have a flat bottom where a keggle does not.

Choice between the two for me was cost. For less money I could get a 15.5 gallon keggle. For more money I could get a 10 gallon pot. I figure I want to do 10 gallon batches over the summer, and I'm a cheap sonofabitch, so I went with the keggle.

Kettle would be my choice if cost were not a consideration. I have both and I like the kettle much better.

I enjoy DIY type stuff so I went with Keggles. They are a lot cheaper and you can customize it as much as you want. I suppose you could customize a brew pot, but there is just something about paying all that money for a nice brewpot and then drilling a bunch of holes in it. Shine up the keggle following Bobby_M's instructions and they look awesome too.

I'm going to be going with a keggle for my next brew pot. I have an 8 gal MegaPot with weldless fittings I have been using for 5 gal batches, but the cost of a new MegaPot large enough for 10 gal batches it cost prohibitive for me.

I got a bayou classic 15 gallon stainless kettle for about $155 with a steamer basket (they're like $120 without) and it's been excellent for me.

Back