Keggle Mounts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stout Man

Reaction score
I have mounts for the valve and sight tube on my HLT and Kettle. My MT has one valve mount. I was going to originally go ahead and use a SS t-tube so I could have a Thermometer going through all of it and then have the valve go off at the joint. I am now second guessing this and wondering if I should have an additional coupling welded so that the thermometer has its own specific spot, rather than being at the end of some SS joints.

Here is a link to what I originally wanted to do: http://brewing.velociworks.com/mashtun1.jpg

I've just had second thoughts about getting good temperature readings on the mash and kettle. I'm not doing any RIMS or HERMS system, I just want to be accurate and not have to be be heavily modifying my system, no more welding basically.

The problem with sharing the drain bulkhead with a thermo probe is that you're going to need a dip tube and having the thermo inside it isn't going register an accurate temp. Here's what I did.

3kegs.jpg

ya, I just thought I could save money/make it easier with using a SS T-tube. Is it absolutely necessary to have a thermometer installed on every single keg? I know I'm putting one on the MT. I know I'll eventually put one on every keg, I'd just like to wait till I do that.

I second Bobby M. Be sure to locate the themometers low enough on the kettle too. I put mine slightly too high and need to put more water in my mash than I want sometimes

Back