Keggle? Mash Tun?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tumpster

Reaction score
About to acquire a 1/2 barrel from a local brewery. Trying to decide what would be more prudent, to convert into a mash tun or a kettle? Opinions are welcome. One keg! One choice! :) Thanks!

Not enough information. Do you have a BK and how big? AG or extract? What's your process?

Sorry there, forgot to give further information. I AG, have a cooler mash tun currently as well as a 40QT aluminum stock pot. Pondering of replacing the mash tun but not sure. I batch sparge in the cooler and use my burner for cooking in the kettle. Hmmm.....decisions....

Sounds like an easy choice to me, a bit kettle is hard to beat (provided you put a valve on that guy).

Keep your cooler, put it somewhere where you can gravity drain into your new keggle boil pot on the ground, heat your sparge water in that stock pot and batch sparge. Then you just pick up that keggle and set it on your burner and boil.

Back