keggle heating element position

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagpiperjosh

Reaction score
where do most people mount their heating elements on their HLT and BK?

im about to drill some holes for mine and want to make sure they are in a good place

thanks

If you have a ripple element and are welding or soldering the nut make sure it's high enough to clear the rippled part of the element from the bottom of the kettle.

I think I mounted them closer to 5" but wish I mounted them lower. 4" sounds about right

i just put it about 4 inches up because that's the lowest i could get it, and it takes about 6 gallons of water to cover the element. i guess no 5 gallon batches for me

i just put it about 4 inches up because that's the lowest i could get it, and it takes about 6 gallons of water to cover the element. i guess no 5 gallon batches for me

Mine is as low as possible, but it is still several inches up because it has to mount where the keg is flat, above that skirt, if that makes sense. I have to run off about three gallons to cover my element.

So my advice is to mount it as low as possible! You'll see what I mean when you look at the keg that it has to be on the "flat" part.

Mine is as low as possible, but it is still several inches up because it has to mount where the keg is flat, above that skirt, if that makes sense. I have to run off about three gallons to cover my element.

So my advice is to mount it as low as possible! You'll see what I mean when you look at the keg that it has to be on the "flat" part.

i have a coors fat keg, so my options were limited. plus i have those huge 2 gang boxes that kal uses which didnt help, this is what i ended up with

03132012023.jpg

I just measured mine 4.5" from ground ( bottom of keg) to center of the hole, also wish it was lower but even with smaller single gang box your options are limited. Hope this helps.

image-2060916989.jpg

I know thus thread is super old...but do any of you have issues with the element touching/interfering with the dip tube going to the center of your keggle?

Back