Keggle Fitting Leaking: Advise please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenryals

Reaction score
Hi, I had a welder cut my keg & place the hole for the weld-b-gone basic.

However, he put it a bit low on the keg, and there is a bit of a lip at the bottom of the hole. I can't get the fitting in there without it leaking...

I'm quite annoyed because i told him to go 2 inches above that point.. but oh well.. any advise ??

it's not a lip that protrudes out, it's a "dip" more than a "lip".. the bottom 1/4 of the washer is on the skirt of the keg (which flares out a bit) and that's the problem.. I've tried to beat the hell out of the skirt to flatten it out.. but it's stronger than my hammer

Take a grinder and nip off about a 1/4in. of the washer so there's a flat spot at the bottom ,it should still seal.

I'm thinking about having him weld it in.. sadly i've already bought the weldless.. i hope that's not a problem.. im so pissed off right now.. i was going to brew pliney the elder today.. now it's a nogo. :( no welders open today that I can find either..

I may try the washer idea.. i'm also going to get a punch and try to flatten out the skirt directly below the hole.. so .. we'll see..

i just jumped out of my window.. sounds worse than it was, mostly symbolic.. window was only about 3 feet off the ground... but still made my point.. i think the fitting knows I mean business now..

Get a silicone baby bottle nipple and cut the nipple off. Use the ring as an extra washer from the inside. I've heard of that working well to fix poorly drilled holes and stuff.

Back