Keggle and Propane Burner Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to do my boiling for my first AG batch in a converted Sankey Keg. I am wondering How much Propane I am going to use in total for an hours (90 min) boil time and do I need to preheat the Keggle before I add the wort

Gawd I hope that's a typo....An (Uno - ONE) hour is 60 minutes...and don't worry about it. Your BBQ cylinder is more than enough...but it's really best to have a spare handy in case you underestimated the fullness of the first one.

yep.. but think about your mash and sparging water heat up time.. you will prolly use 1/3 a tank per batch (60min)

best bet is to getcha one of these..

6310111002.jpg

Thanks for the quick replies... I meant and hour/90 min...so, yes a typo of sorts...

I am going to heat the mash and sparge water on the stove. I do not have a 10 gallon pot at the ready but I do have a converted Keg :). So I will work with what I got for now. I filled my tank yesterday so I got 20lbs to play with. I am going to do a test boil tonight and see how it works

Back