kegging questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89OctaneStang

Reaction score
I am going to pick up my first set of kegging equipment. I planned to start kegging in March time frame of next year but I ran into a situation. My friend wants me to brew and keg him a batch of beer. He is going to pay me $150 for a 5 gallon keg and 5 gallons in bottles. So I called my LHBS and got a quote for a keg setup. They wanted $190+tax for a 5 gallon keg setup with an empty 5# CO2. I am going to pick up this setup tomorrow that I found on CL for $200. Am I getting a good deal?

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/art/1467592826.html

Another question... I don't have a keggerator yet. Is it necessary to carb and condition a keg at its serving temp? Or can I let it carb for a few weeks and then cool and serve?

The craigslist ad seems ok, but it is not a killer deal.

As for whether you can carb you keg at room temperature, yes you will be able to, but once it is cooled the carbonation level will change. You will have to set at a higher PSI to ensure that it is fully carbed when cooled.

It's a fair deal.

If you don't have a keggerator yet, I would keg condition. Add priming sugar, just like you would if you were bottling. Then hit the keg with 20-30 psi to seal the lid. Wait a few weeks, chill, and serve.

Enjoy.

yeah, its okay, but I'd offer him $150. You should have ordered from Kegconnection out of San Marcos this past weekend . They had killer deals. Ben and those guys are awesome. THey get their taprite regulators out of SanAntonio, so sometimes they bring my order to my door step.:)

Latest posts

Back