Kegging Problems

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinhead

Reaction score
I have my first batch in a keg. I'm having problems holding pressure.

First I had loose fittings fixed that, Now the attachment that goes on the corney appears like it maybe leaking a bit. Its sticking on the keg I can't it off with out prying it off. Yes I know to pull the collar up.

Any ideas? Are there different types of gas input valves?

pin lock or ball valve? also check your regulator connections I had an issue with mine leaking.
hope this helps. If the valves for gas or beer are sticking it will cause a leak make sure the springs are in good shape and clean free of debris etc..

Are you using keg lube on your o-rings? Also, are the gas/Liquid connectors and posts on the right way? They are different and it's easy to switch them by accident when the keg its disassembled for cleaning.

pinlocks no lube didn't know to buy some. Me and the guy at the store got to BS ing about skiing he must have forgot to tell me. Anything around the house I can use?

Pinhead said:
I have my first batch in a keg. I'm having problems holding pressure.

First I had loose fittings fixed that, Now the attachment that goes on the corney appears like it maybe leaking a bit. Its sticking on the keg I can't it off with out prying it off. Yes I know to pull the collar up.

Any ideas? Are there different types of gas input valves?

The regulator on the CO2 tank is often an issue for new set-ups so check that. Anytime I buy a "new" (really used but refurbed) corney keg, I change all of the o-rings and lube them with keg-lube. When I replace the o-rings I inspect the poppet's also. So make sure all o-rings are in good shape, make sure the pressure relief valve isn't stuck open and make sure the top/cap is seated well, sometimes those are a pain to secure.

To figure out what is leaking, pressurize it with CO2 then spray all the fittings on the keg and your regulator with Star San from of spray bottle. Where ever you see little bubbles is where the leak is.

Good luck.

Back