kegging noise?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newfiebrew

Reaction score
Hello guys i'm new to kegging and just attempted to carbonate my bells two hearted clone and was going to go 30 psi for 24hrs then 12psi for another 24 hours but noticed that at 30 psi I can really hear the gas flowing in...it sounds like a loud hiss and is very noticable,Is this ok or a problem? If i reduce the psi to say 15-20 psi the hissing is less loud. it doesnt appear i have a leak but there is aloud hiss at that higher psi??

thanks

If you leave it on 30psi for ~1 minute, is it still hissing? It will hiss quite audibly until the headspace above the beer is up to pressure.

The reason it doesn't hiss @ 15psi is because there is already more than 15psi in there.

When I crank mine up, I can hear it hiss, but it stops after about 20-30 seconds. That time being mentioned, I had already done the set and forget method for 2 weeks ,so the beer was already somewhat carbed.

Back