Kegging newbie question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keldognuts

Reaction score
Converted my Sanyo 4912, got my regulator, tank and two cornies (ball lock), and all the hoses. I still need to get my disconnects. Can someone explain the difference between barbed and mf disconnects. Which one is easiest to use and what (if any) extra pieces will I need to complete the connection. As always, you guys are great.

Scan this site as this has been discussed before. Personally, I use the barb on the hoses WITH a hose clamp as a back up. Let the hose get warm and put it on the barb and then clamp it down. If this setup is going to be in the kegerator, the hose will naturally shrink because of the temperature. Will give you a good, long lasting seal. Test them out first as I didn't and the next day, I lost 20 pounds of gas. After getting that taken care of, I've had the same 20 pound tank on the kegs for about 5 months now and all is good.

It's a personal preference, but I like the mfl connectors better. It's just easier to take things apart and put them together again.

Back