kegging natural carb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

aryoung1980

Reaction score
There are many online calculators to determine the amount of sugar you'd need. I use iBrewmaster on my phone. Brewersfriend.com has every calculator imaginable for brewing.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

tektonjp

Reaction score
This! And, when the calculator calls for temp, that's not temp which you will put the bottles at while they prime (ie, about 72f). It's the highest temp the beer has reached during the process up till that point. This allows the calculator to account for dissolved co2 already present in the beer. Good Luck!

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm, I don't think it would work to carb 1 gallon naturally in one of those. The reason is that you'd have too much headspace, so the carbonation won't be "forced" into the beer.

They would work for 2.5 gallon batch sizes, though.

OP
B

_Bryan

Reaction score
The head space what what I was most curious about. Oh well, guess I will forget that idea.

BPal75

Reaction score
Well this would still work for your 3 gallon batches. For your 1 gallon batches, I would recommend getting 2 carbonator caps that screws into 2 liter soda bottles. You can prime in those to get your carbonation where you want it, then use the carbonator caps and a CO2 cartridge to keep your beer from going flat. That way you don't have to drink it all quickly if you don't want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew