Quantcast

Kegging into bottles?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

MrMitchell

Reaction score
I’m fairly new to the art and I tried bottling for the first 2 times and realized that bottling is a huge pain in the… nevermind. I am now kegging my special sauces, but I would still like to give some away. I have all these bottles lying around from my first two go rounds, and now I ask you, “is there a way to pour my fermented/pressurized ales from my keg into these screw top bottles and give them away without 100% ruining the taste and keeping them somewhat pressurized?” I don’t want to loan out my growler, nor do I want all these scabs at my house every night. Any advice would be much appreciated.

edmanster

Whats Under Your Kilt
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
i bottle staight from my tower all the time. i take a piece of 3/16 x 7/16 and about 1 1/2 foot long hose and jam it inside of my faucet.. i have a extra tank of co2 so i blanket the bottles with a little co2 and then fill the bottles with the hose all the way at the bottom of the bottle and if it foams i will cap right away.. if not i fill multiple bottles and then cap....

mikebowman

Reaction score
edmanster said:
i bottle staight from my tower all the time. i take a piece of 3/16 x 7/16 and about 1 1/2 foot long hose and jam it inside of my faucet.. i have a extra tank of co2 so i blanket the bottles with a little co2 and then fill the bottles with the hose all the way at the bottom of the bottle and if it foams i will cap right away.. if not i fill multiple bottles and then cap....
Thats how the local breweries here fill growlers. A bit of tubing into the faucet, right to the bottom of the bottle, then pour till it foams and cap on the foam. Doesn't keep **too** long, but a day or two and its fine.

Flomaster

Reaction score
no you need to buy the Bowie Bottler.... see this thread here >>>>>> https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f41/bottling-wand-perlick-525-75-aka-bowie-bottler-228344/ <<<< assuming you have perlick faucets. if NOT then you can go this route.

We don't need no stinkin beer gun >>>>>>https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/we-no-need-no-stinking-beer-gun-24678/ <<<<<<

I started off with the BMB BierMuncherBottler but learned lifing my 60lbs granite lid to hook up a picnic tap was NOT some thing I wanted to do and fiddling around with my regulator sucked.

so I upgraded to the BB aka BowieBottler... I don't have to open my keezer lid, I don't have to mess with my regulator, it just works.

-=Jason=-
^^^^^^^^^^^
THiS

-=Jason=-