Kegging in parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adx

Reaction score
I want to start putting together a kegging setup and was thinking about buying the pieces over a 3 or 4 month period. I'll probably go with a kit from keg connection and a Sanyo conversion. I was thinking about getting the kit at one time, the fridge next, and finally a draft tower to finish it all off.

My question is which would you get first? The keg kit or the fridge? I figured if I get the fridge first I would have some storage space for a bit, but if I got the kegs first I could have a batch or two conditioning until I get the fridge.

I would get the kegs first so the beer could be conditioning. Who needs storage space? I might want to get a couple picnic taps while waiting for funds for the draft tower. So what if you have to open the door.

MD must be cold right? I second mrk305, with a +1 on the picknic taps. I'm doing some renovations to my keezer at the moment, and my kegs are sitting perfectly chilled in my garage at 40F, as they will be fore the next several months of winter.

mrk305 said:
I would get the kegs first so the beer could be conditioning. Who needs storage space? I might want to get a couple picnic taps while waiting for funds for the draft tower. So what if you have to open the door.

+2

That's the way I'm doing it...

Back