Kegging for the first time.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToyDr

Reaction score
OK. Fermented wort, filtered beer through 1 micron filter. Question? When carbonating beer, do you keep the pressure on during the carbonation period or do you charge keg to the 20 lbs, disconnect co2 and let it sit for three days

I set and forget.

Set the psi at 12 to 14 and let sit for 1 week. Pull 2 pints to get the sediment out and drink away.

Agreed. I like to do the set and forget method. I do sometimes keep it at 30 psi for the first day or 2 to give it a little head start

I leave the gas on at the the desired co2 pressure for the style and its good to go in a week.

I do a hybrid. I set psi to 30 at room temp for 24 hours. I shake the keg a few times during this period. This gets it about 1/2 way there. Then I chill and adjust psi to serving pressure for a day or two. It's usually good to go by day 2.

I'll be kegging for the first time this week. I'm going to try the 30 psi for 24 hours then 15 psi for two days method. If the keg gets here Tuesday, I'll be drinking by Friday. I hope all goes according to plan!

Back