Kegging for storage but not serving (yet)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kosch

Reaction score
I've only bottled one batch so far, and have two more to bottle here this week. I don't mind bottling itself so far, but I'm a bit OCD when it comes to planning for giving samples. To make things easier, I figure I'll just give friends 22oz bottles (to me it just "looks" nicer, rather than 2 12s, don't ask, OCD remember?).

BUT, I get stuck trying to make sure I perfectly plan ahead for everyone that might want one. Anyway, I'm already planning to move to kegging at some point soon, getting a keezer built up (within 2 months I think).

So I was thinking for my next batches, I can work on getting some kegs and CO2 setup. Keg it, use a beer gun and fill the bottles I want, even for myself.

Any issues with doing that? I.e. storing @ 65degF and bottling from that (after letting it carb for a couple weeks)?

Also, can I get each keg carbed and just disconnect the co2 for now (so I don't need a 5+ way splitter for co2)?

Thanks!

Kosch

Sounds like a good plan, you will need chill the beer to be able to carb/pour though. At room temp it will be coming out as foam.

Cool, thanks gang! That answered my questions! I think I'll be going to kegs here soon (plus gives me a good excuse to get a keezer setup soon!).

Thanks,

Kosch

Back