Keggerator/keezer/ferm chamber opinions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgrivois

Reaction score
My current setup is I use a small chest freezer as my keezer which I can fit three korny kegs in. My ferm chamber is a over under fridge that I got for free, both have temp controllers on them. Im thinking of swapping them around and using the fridge as a keggerator as I can fit more kornys in them, condition beer longer, and using the keezer as a ferm chamber as I can fit two ferm buckets in it. The drawbacks that I foresee is that Im assuming the fridge will not get as cold as the keezer, I like my beer cold, and pulling ferm buckets out of the chest freezer could stir up some trub since I have to lift them up and out.

So the question is, should I swap them around, or leave well enough alone.

I feel like any fridge should be able to get to the low 30s temp wise which is probably cold enough unless you like beer slurpees. Have you tried letting your ales warm a bit before drinking them? I've found that I notice a lot more of the flavor of my beers when I serve them at about 40 degrees.

FWIW I serve out of a top freezer fridge and I like it since I can use the freezer to store extra milled grain, hops and to make ice for my CFC. The regular old temp setting knob on the fridge lets me adjust the serving temp from 42-35 degrees and I only need to have one temp controller.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

just started pricing out faucets, damn thats a major expense. May just stick with picnic taps in the chest freezer.

Back