Kegged to early. Safe to pull it out or leave in?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

games03

Reaction score
I know I racked it early and I was gambling it'd be ok, but my Oatmeal Stout isn't good. I'm an easy going guy and I can overlook a lot of things but this is just sour and yech.

My question is, can I yank it out of the fridge to age to some more or will that drastic contrast in temperature skunk it? Also, does the temp matter for aging? I don't mind leaving it in the fridge.

Thanks!

temp changes can't skunk beer, you should have no problem warming it back up to get some age on it. I've done it a couple of times with great success. Just make sure your keg stays pressured up so the seals stay energized.

temp changes can't skunk beer, you should have no problem warming it back up to get some age on it. I've done it a couple of times with great success. Just make sure your keg stays pressured up so the seals stay energized.

Will it age better/faster warm?

Sounds to me like you are sampling too early as well...pull it out of the fridge for a couple three weeks and report back.

Even after many years at this hobby, I am still amazed at times how a brew can change w/ some age!

Sounds to me like you are sampling too early as well...pull it out of the fridge for a couple three weeks and report back.

Even after many years at this hobby, I am still amazed at times how a brew can change w/ some age!

I didn't even sample it. I got lucky racking early before and the result was just a little harsh. Not like this. I have been recycling yeast, not washing it, just chopping it up and repitching. I don't think I'm going to do that anymore.

Back