Kegged brew not spot on yet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovebrewin

Reaction score
I have been kegging for a few months now and I don't reckon the beer tastes quite like what comes from the bottle! What are your thoughts on priming the keg as I think the secondary ferment and natural carb is where my good results have come from rather than carbing with just co2 alone....

Also any input into bulk priming methods and types and amounts of sugar would be great..

b-boy said:
I used to keg condition. I had mixed results, so now I just force carb. When I keg conditioned I used about 1/2 the sugar required for bottling.

Mixed results? As in mixed carb results or mixed flavor results? I'm not entirely worried about the carbonation I'm just slowly leaning towards favoring natural carb as I think it produces a better beer.. Taste wise that is!

So if 4-6g/L is medium carb you would halve that?

For a 19L corny say 5g x 19L = 95g / 2 = 47.5g dextrose for medium carb

Maybe you really like the taste of yeast?

That should be the only difference between a properly force-carbed keg and a "naturally" carbed one...

Cheers!

Back