Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveooph131

Reaction score
Alright...I'm new to this, but am serious about brewing. I found a kegerator for 350...comes with keg/c02, and everything should I get this or stick to bottling for awhile?

Wooow, that sounds like a good deal. I think it would cost you more to build it from scratch. If you think you are really serious about brewing, you should probably go for it. I myself started bottling, and at first it was ok and it was fun! but then, it just becomes a shore, and I tried many different things to make it more bearable, but it just didn't do it for me. I recently bought a kegging system, so I'm looking forward to kegging my first batch. By the way, where would you be buying this kegerator setup from? do you have a link or any extra info?

I guess the question to ask yourself is "are you ready to start kegging?" If the answer is "yes", then look at the system and make sure it fits your needs not only now, but down the road. Keep in mind the volume and frequency of your brewing. Post up the kit details for others to look at. Maybe some of the pro's could save you some cash.

Don't throw your bottles away either, you might still use them from time to time. :D

I'm actually looking on craigslist. I've got two I'm looking at:

First - HAIER KEGERATOR $250
Only used 3 times, comes with vintage Coors light tap, new tubes and cleaning system, drain board and pitcher

Second - Danby kegerator comes with empty keg and co2 canister works great can deliver for additional fee less than 1 year old ($350)

The only downside I can think of is that these only hold one keg so you couldn't have two different beers on tap, correct?

I'm actually looking on craigslist. I've got two I'm looking at:

First - HAIER KEGERATOR $250
Only used 3 times, comes with vintage Coors light tap, new tubes and cleaning system, drain board and pitcher

Second - Danby kegerator comes with empty keg and co2 canister works great can deliver for additional fee less than 1 year old ($350)

both of these products are designed for 1/2 bbl sanke kegs (15 gal)

I would want to make sure that you can fit a corny keg in there.

-Jason

If it can fit a 1/2 barrel keg, then two corny kegs will fit in the space fine. The problem is you would need to buy new fittings for corny kegs, as the sanke keg fittings are different.

That is, unless you don't mind having only one beer on tap, then you can just refill the sanke keg. That Haier kegerator for $250 is a good deal as long as it comes with a CO2 tank and keg. The second one is good too, although not stellar is still a fair price.

Back