Quantcast

Kegerator thermostat bypass

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

fnffishcore

Reaction score
I know this has been asked and answered a million times but I can't find anything that pertains to my specific kegerator. I have an EdgeStar BR2001 that I'm using for a ferm chamber and I want to bypass the internal thermostat so I can use my Inkbird controller. I know the white wire is the thermostat sensor, the green is a ground wire. Is it just a simple matter of connecting the black and red wire?
IMG-4084.jpgIMG-4081.jpg

Thanks in advance!

day_trippr

Bastard-covered bastard with bastard filling
Reaction score
Yup, literally that simple. Leave the green safety wire where it is, jump the red to black, plug the line cord into an add-on controller (with the probe inside the fridge!) and you're good to go.
You're fortunate not to be burdened with the typical digital baggage seen all too often on these minifridges..,

Cheers!

OP
F

fnffishcore

Reaction score
Yup, literally that simple. Leave the green safety wire where it is, jump the red to black, plug the line cord into an add-on controller (with the probe inside the fridge!) and you're good to go.
You're fortunate not to be burdened with the typical digital baggage seen all too often on these minifridges..,

Cheers!
That's the assurance I need, thank you sir!