kegerator sizing question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lspr_mtu

Reaction score
Hey all,
Can anybody give me a quick height dimension requirement for a corny kegerator? There is an under-the-counter refrigerator available to me at a killer deal, but I want to make sure it is tall enough to fit a corny. It is a Sanyo, but not sure of the exact model yet (haven't seen it). I want to be able to bring a tape measure with me and determine whether it's big enough, rather than guessing and being dissapointed.

I don't have corny kegs yet (but I plan to). Ideally I'd like to do a tap directly on each keg to keep it simple, but if clearance is an issue I am willing to run hoses to the outside of the refrigerator. So whatever the keg height plus the tap/hose clearance is, that is the number I need.

width/depth dimensions would help too, I'd like to be able to fit 2 kegs + CO2, but I imagine whatever I get should fit at least 2 kegs (maybe not the CO2, but that's ok).

Thanks!

BierMuncher said:
Allo 9 inches diameter and 25 inches height. (Maybe a bit more if it has pin locks)

Thanks for the response. So if I route hoses to an external tap, that won't require any significant headroom?

Bear in mind that if it has a freezer compartment, it is not easily usable for a tower. The DIY Sanyo is a 4910/4912. All others are suspect.

I agree with ollllo. If its a Sanyo hope its a 4910/12. They fit 2 cornies and are really easy to do a tower conversion.

After talking with the lady on the phone, I've come to the conclusion it is a SR4310. I think it has a small freezer compartment on top. I was hoping it would work because it would be nice to have an under-the-counter version in case I finally finish my basement someday and build a bar. The other one I had in mind is a 10 cu ft freezer-on-top model, which is looking better by the minute. Although, if I get one that big, I might as well just hold out for a full-size.

I'll still check out the other one probably, just because it is so cheap. If I can't make it work and I ruin it in the process, no biggie. I've got a pair of tin snips in the garage calling my name. ;)

A chest freexer on casterss works very well for under counter applications, and often can hold more cornie because of it's orientation. If there's one thing i've learned, you will want more capacity in the future, even if you don't think you need it now.

Back