Kegerator shank plug

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browntown52

Reaction score
Quick question, when I'm not using all three taps, I'd prefer to keep the faucet off the kegerator where it can stay clean. That leaves the shank exposed or the hole in the fridge if I pull the shank. The kegerator is in the garage and means that either I pull the whole shank faucet combo and tape over the hole or clean everything and put it back on to collect garage funk.

A few places sell brass and chrome versions,
Probably the cheapest is here.
faucet_plug2__88206__99253.1405534827.1280.1280.jpg

Seems like I can pull the faucet give it a good scrub clean / sanitize. Pump cleaner and sanitizer under pressure through the beer line and shank to clean them.

Anyone use these? Does anyone make a stainless version?

Why would an unused faucet not stay clean? If you want to remove it for cleaning now and then that's fine but why not just put it back on when you're done? If I have unused faucets on my kegerator I remove the tap handle so it's obvious.

fair enough, I worry about general garage funk (grinding dust, carb cleaner overspray etc). I generally put the rubber covers over the unused spouts, but thought if I was down a spout or two for a length of time (get lazy, buy a commercial keg taking up the space of two cornys), a stainless shank plug would be preferable to leaving a tap on the fridge.

Latest posts

Back