Kegerator Recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a Haier Kegerator at Costco a couple of years ago for $449 for Father's Day. SWMBO gave me a 3 faucet tower upgrade this year for my birthday. Life is good.

You can build a two corny model for less using a Sanyo 4912, a two faucet tower, lines and a gas bottle.

If your going to build a bar and you want bar style towers. I would go with a chest freeze and add a temp control. It will hold 6 or 8 kegs depending on the size. It would be super easy to run the lines to the taps at the bar. You can keep frosted glasses in there too.

I'm finishing my basement with a bar, pool table, etc. I have a ceramic two faucet tower I bought on e-bay about a year ago for short money and I have two Sanyo 4912's still in the box that I bought 6-months ago because they were on sale. One will go under the bar for bottles and one will go under the bar with a fabricated stub up to the bar top where it will mate with the tower. For my setup, it was the only way to go for a clean professional look!

My $0.02.

Good luck!

:mug:

woodstone said:
I'm finishing my basement with a bar, pool table, etc. I have a ceramic two faucet tower I bought on e-bay about a year ago for short money and I have two Sanyo 4912's still in the box that I bought 6-months ago because they were on sale. One will go under the bar for bottles and one will go under the bar with a fabricated stub up to the bar top where it will mate with the tower. For my setup, it was the only way to go for a clean professional look!

My $0.02.

Good luck!

:mug:

Here is a link to the bar I just started building. http://www.precision-images.com/corner_bar.htm
I 'm using Black Walnut that I have been scrounging for a couple of years. It has a space in the center for a standard size kegerator.

dirtymartini said:
Here is a link to the bar I just started building. http://www.precision-images.com/corner_bar.htm
I 'm using Black Walnut that I have been scrounging for a couple of years. It has a space in the center for a standard size kegerator.

Very nice design. I need to get some pics of my basement on a thread here. I have some woodwork experience so just going to build mine from scratch...we want a British Pub-type theme so I'm probably going to use less expensive woods (hard wood for the top with just a bullnose), mouldings in the front to look like panels, etc., and paint the bar black.

Not sure how I'm going to set up the 4912 yet, but think I'm going to raise it up on a small platform under the bar so the top is almost flush and sealedwith the bar top bottom, then I can essentially cut a hole through the bar and the 4912 and plumb it all up.

Good luck!:mug:

Back