Kegerator question/opinion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmmeekins

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm in the market to purchase a kegerator and wanted to know if anyone had any opinions good or bad on edgestar kc2000 twin, kegco 199-2, or the twin tap beer miester? I had thought a while about going the keezer route but have since decided to go with a prefab unit and that is mainly due to where the unit will go. In a different house/situation the keezer would be my choice but currently I think the prefab suits me best. From the 3 above it seems some speak to popping noises constant, temp issues, etc. I'm using it for my home brew, upgrading the faucets, and understand the temp mod for edgestar and also the PC fan to assist in moving air for better distribution. What I'm not finding is a ton of info on any model in the way of users. I have found minimal on the boards (prob because majority are keezer users) and the websites that sell the product have minimal reviews as well.
Anyway, if anyone has one of these units or has in the past I would like any feedback you can give to help narrow this down. Thanks..Mike

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I'm looking as well, thinking about a kegco. where are you looking to buy? I don't like paying the $100 shipping for the kegco at Beverage Factory.

I was looking at beverage factory as well as kegerator.com. The 199 at beverage factory is free shipping and 50 instant rebate. I haven't pulled the trigger yet....that is a big investment

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back