Kegerator Noise / Ice on Inside

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrumForHire

Reaction score
A while ago I bought a kegerator off of Craigslist. When I went to buy it, the seller let me plug it in to check that the noise wouldn't be too much in our one-bedroom apartment. At the time, the volume was fine, and actually the compressor is as quiet as a whisper. And it remained that way for a good while. But about a month ago it started making cracking noises on the inside when the compressor is on. I looked in the back of the inside and there has been some moisture building up to the point that a block of icicles was hanging on the back. I'm assuming that the expansion of the ice is making the cracking noise. Yesterday I took some time to chip off most of the ice and this definitely helped, but I can already hear some cracking sounds again. I'd rather not have to make a regular habit of pulling out my kegs to take care of the ice. Does anybody have any solution to this issue?

Ah, yes, I meant to include that but forgot. It's a Kenmore "Beer Dispenser" model 183.91579

Back