Kegerator line parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merz69

Reaction score
Hi ! I’m new to the kegging world ;) I have 4 ball lock corny kegs and a 2 corny kegerator. I bought the kegerator off FB Marketplace. I need to change beer lines. Is there a resource somewhere that lists all the fittings I’ll need ? Looks like a few QD’s for the beer and air lines. I’m thinking of changing to the duotight connecters and tubing … worth it ?

The duotight tubing (evabarrier) makes balancing much easier. The duotight fittings you would need depends on what type of fittings you currently have on there.

Hi ! I’m new to the kegging world ;) I have 4 ball lock corny kegs and a 2 corny kegerator. I bought the kegerator off FB Marketplace. I need to change beer lines. Is there a resource somewhere that lists all the fittings I’ll need ? Looks like a few QD’s for the beer and air lines. I’m thinking of changing to the duotight connecters and tubing … worth it ?

There isn’t any kind of list I’m aware of. While the basic operation is the same, there are many different configurations. If you’re basically starting from scratch, I’d definitely use the Duotight style connectors and 4mm EVABarrier tubing. Use it for both your liquid and gas lines. Length of line is irrelevant for the gas, but use 6-9 feet (closer to 9 in my opinion) for the liquid lines.
Is it this style of kegerator you’re working with?
B92BA27E-FE8B-4E93-AF42-1BE73A194CEB.jpeg

1. If so, you’ll for sure need at least 2 sets of MFL ball lock disconnects.
596C50E6-5531-4415-9C85-6907CCEE43A1.jpeg

2. You might want to try to replace the tower shanks with these.
D95887CB-1B9F-4749-8F04-4EA6F7EA8923.png

3. Duotight compatible tailpiece reducer 6.5 mm x 8 mm for above.^
972C0202-16A4-44EA-B8A1-EECA028307B4.jpeg

4. And as many 1/4” flare X 8mm fittings to make necessary connections.
C60862CF-2E33-4F6D-8D78-757B3EF75113.jpeg
What kind of fittings are on your regulator? Are you going to use a Y splitter or manifold to supply CO2 to each keg? Those accessories may need different connections depending on style.
I’m not necessarily endorsing them, but you can see the different options on MoreBeer’s Duotight Fittings page.
@day_trippr might be able to help with advice also.

Huge help camonick !! I think I have a Manifold as shown below. I was wondering about the faucets - the tubing comes out perpendicular to the tower - one does not even have a clamp on it - the other is a perlic.
1638848240562.png

That manifold will work just fine. It even already has male flare fittings on it so the 1/4” flare X 8mm fittings will work perfectly there.

There isn’t any kind of list I’m aware of. While the basic operation is the same, there are many different configurations. If you’re basically starting from scratch, I’d definitely use the Duotight style connectors and 4mm EVABarrier tubing. Use it for both your liquid and gas lines. Length of line is irrelevant for the gas, but use 6-9 feet (closer to 9 in my opinion) for the liquid lines.
Is the 4mm or 5mm ID better for beer line ? 5mm is closer to the standard 3/16” ID line

Is the 4mm or 5mm ID better for beer line ? 5mm is closer to the standard 3/16” ID line

Back