kegerator is a pain in the ass - a rant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this is more of a i need to vent to people who do this type of stuff than me looking for solutions.

i wish a pox upon the house of the man who decided that a kegerator tower had to be so damned narrow that you can barely get your fingers in there to work on hose fittings. i may not be an old veteran of homebrewing but kegging, and working with a kegerator especially is the bane of my f'ing existence. more to the point, hose clamps. why the HELL do they have to be so small and flathead only???? i'm having people over tonight and was wanting to let them sample the lemondrop saison i just carbed up....but the damned hose on the backside of the keg handle is leaking and i'm about to rage and slay half of eastern europe with my anger just trying to get the hose reseated and clamped down sufficiently. i've been fighting with the f'ing thing for almost an hour and finally gave up. they can try the beer another time.

i'm now going to look into duotight fittings.

</endrant>

Just flathead or can you get a socket on them? I hate flathead screws, no matter how careful something gets sliced, scratched, or gouged. I had to install 64 wood screws on my bar chairs last night. If it hadn't dawned on me that I could speed things up by using a couple of wood clamps on the backs I'd have been ragin' too.

I have a T-tower, so accessible (had leaks to boot), but could you not remove shank, make connections outside the tower (with extra line pulled out through the top), then work the shank back in and secure tap to it?

Back