Kegerator help needed - Roch, NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonujohar

Reaction score
I'm not sure I am in the right area but I thought I'd ask. Not a home brew, but I am new to kegerators and my first keg ever is an Ommegang Witte. I am getting 75-90% foam when I pour and I can not figure out what I'm doing wrong. Temp is set at 35, and I've tried having the CO2 pressure everything from 2 to 16. Any help anyone could provide would be so welcome!!!

Try longer serving lines. I usually carb to 10-12PSI and using 10’ serving lines. Beers pour slowly but minimal foaming.

Here’s a chart for temp and pressure to reach “x” amount of volumes co2

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

What was the solution? Other ideas...
-Make sure the keg is settled overnight. (I just brought a keg home from Southtown beverage. The owners there are great). I rarely let mine settle so my first couple of pours are not the best, but still drinkable.
-This doesnt apply yet if your setup is new, but eventually the tap will get dirty. There are TWO vents that need cleaning. For years I was soaking and cleaning the first vent, but eventually the other vent was blocked and the pours were horrible. Once i found that, all was good.

Hi adrichi, I am still struggling with this! My pours are still foamy and I am getting so frustrated. I wish there was a service in Rochester that I could call. Any chance you could come over and take a look! I can pay you in all the beer you can drink :)

My wife purchased the kegerator for me when i was in Afghanistan, and we got it from Southtown beverage. They are great for tshoot tips.

you are less than 5 minutes away! Im on the other side of school off of Menden Center

have you had any luck?

Maybe try putting a thermometer in the fridge to verify that the temp is correct.

Are you trying to pour Homebrew? Is the beer over carved? Maybe try pulling the pressure relief valve to lessen the head pressure before you pour.

Very likely GilSwill is right. Longer lines sounds like it is probably the culprit. Here is a helpful calculator: Beer Line Length Calculator

The resistance per unit length of hose is what slows your beer coming out. Is it pouring fast?

Latest posts

Back