Kegerator For Dorm Room

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylek42

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
My goal is to get a kegerator for my dorm room to get my Guinness fix. Not a super big fan of the bottles/cans and don't like driving to the bar just to have a drink. It doesn't need to be super discrete but it does have to be about the size of small-midsize refrigerator and I don't believe I'm allowed a freezer but I'm not 100% sure.

What would be the recommended options for buying manufactured kegerators and what would you guys recommend be the ideal build setup if I built one myself. From what I understand there are plenty of conversion kits for standard kegerators but there are so many options and most of the reviews I've found are 10 years old.

I'd like to spend under $500 but I'd be willing to go up to 900-1000 if the difference is super drastic.

Appreciate any info!

That's what I was thinking, small bar fridge an mini keg with a picnic tap. Where are you going that you can have booze in the dorms? All kinds of mini kegs available on eBay. I got my oldest boy one for Christmas this year so he could take home brew with him when he goes back to Quantico. I got him this
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338413729&icep_item=173414746304

And a four liter keg.

Also I know what you mean Pa.... 27 years ago when I was at university Pell grant paid for all college classes and books and fees and parking and there was about $700 left over. I think Pell grant was around 4 grand. How times have changed.i think one semester of my oldest sons classes are twice that. Fortunately he is in the Marines so it is paid for.

Back