kegerator fan... what does it do... do I need it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammy48

Reaction score
Hello,
I bought a used Flagon 400 commercial kegerator yesterday and the fan in the top of the unit does not turn on.

I was wondering what this fan does, if it is important and what I should maybe do to fix it? It appears it is to create a convection current, as there appears to be a radiator behind it.

Here is a picture, you can see the hole for the draft tower and then behind that is the fan. I don't know if it was meant to suck air up from main area and blow into the draft tower (you can see a small hole between the fan and draft tower)?

Thanks

photo (26).jpg

Your unit has a coil the fan moves air across it to circulate air throughout cold chamber without it unit will ice up/ no cool efficiently. So you need it, if you check through the threads someone on here got a fan from Grainger I believe

Okay thanks, now I just have to figure out how to fix it.

I am contacting Graingers but I don't really know what to tell them I need. I say a post about the flagon 400 and the posters said they got their interior fan from Graingers.

Back