Kegerator/ezer search...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FxdGrMind

Reaction score
Ok I'm looking for something that will support 2 or 3 kegs and under 200...

So I looked at this at Lowe's today and it looks like it could handle 3 kegs and the CO bottle.

What do you think or is there something else out there in the same range?

Holiday at Lowe's: 5.3 Cu. Ft. Chest Freezer (Color: White)

5.3 CF 178.00 on Sale! But then I need a controller ...another 78 bones.

Is this the one with the compressor hump in the corner and rounded off? I looked at one at Lowes and am also considering it.

It would be nice if there was a fridge that would handle 3 cornys. I figure that would let you tap 2 and have one chill'n.

A fridge would also fit better in my room (and probably most peoples) than a chest. I could dress it up but it would still have to be able to lift that lid.

I think you will still need a controller either way Freezer or Fridge. So that cost is going to be a wash.

I'll be following this. Hope you get some good pointers.

This thread has information on many models and how many cornies they will hold.
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/sizing-your-chest-freezer-corny-kegs-75449/

RonRock: As far as a temperature controller for the fridge goes, not needed unless you are going to use it for fermentation as well.

OP: Take a look at one of the Love controllers that can be had for about $50 (as long as you don't mind doing some wiring). Just do a search here at HBT for Love Controller.

Or you can get a Johnsons temp controller off ebay for ~$20, but you will have to wire it yourself which is very easy and there is a tutorial around here somewhere.

what controller were you looking at for 78 bucks? or are you in austrailia or Alaska where they pay more for everything? Guessing not if you have a lowes.
Go Chest freezer with Ranco or Love

The Glass front ones (Pop or Wine chiller) are too narrow for 2 (5Gal) kegs.
I found out that the 5 gal kegs are 9 inches in Dia. That means the inside must be a minimum of 18 inches wide. None of the one's I have see are that wide.....:mad:

I'm going with an Oster from Best Buy... well next month. I'm tapped this month just getting the Kegs set up... I'll have to make room in the reg fridge....:ban::drunk:

Another problem w/ wine refrigerators is that they don't get below 55 degrees if they are meant for storage instead of chilling bottles. The small ones keep wine at fridge temperatures. The larger ones are meant for long-term storage. The bigger the unit, the less likely it's meant to keep wine COLD (who needs 50 bottles of really cold wine?)

It's worth reading the manual before buying.

Back