Kegerator Conversion help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasenRendon

Reaction score
I currently have a regular Nostalgia kegerator, it has a regulator, and coupler. I also have two c02 tanks. I just bought my first 5 gal ball lock corny keg. I read I need a new conversion kit for it to hooks up to corny kegs. I usually use it for kegs of blue moon. I would also like to get new lines, I saw one conversion kit but it hat a long piece that connected to the draft that would not fit inside my tower. I also looked at maybe having to replace that as well if need be. I can provide pictures of what I have if needed. Hopefully you guys will have some easy solutions.

So let me see if I understand. You usually you use commercial sanke kegs? And now you want to use HB ball lock kegs, but still be able to use commercial sanke kegs? I would get these. They attach to the sanke QD so you can use ball lock fittings on your whole system. No need to swap lines or get the long thing you mentioned. I had to get this elbow piece to attach between the ball lock conversion piece and the sanke QD so it would fit in my kegerator. Wasnt that expensive and now I can run either style of keg

Last edited by a moderator:
I currently have a regular Nostalgia kegerator, it has a regulator, and coupler. I also have two c02 tanks. I just bought my first 5 gal ball lock corny keg. I read I need a new conversion kit for it to hooks up to corny kegs. I usually use it for kegs of blue moon. I would also like to get new lines, I saw one conversion kit but it hat a long piece that connected to the draft that would not fit inside my tower. I also looked at maybe having to replace that as well if need be. I can provide pictures of what I have if needed. Hopefully you guys will have some easy solutions.

Pictures would make it easier to visualize what we're talking about.

If you use something like this on a set of ball or pin lock disconnects, you can switch back and forth between your Sanke coupler and the corny disconnects without having to cut your lines each time...

FFLxBeerThread-2T.jpg

Cheers!

So let me see if I understand. You usually you use commercial sanke kegs? And now you want to use HB ball lock kegs, but still be able to use commercial sanke kegs? I would get these. They attach to the sanke QD so you can use ball lock fittings on your whole system. No need to swap lines or get the long thing you mentioned. I had to get this elbow piece to attach between the ball lock conversion piece and the sanke QD so it would fit in my kegerator. Wasnt that expensive and now I can run either style of keg

This is perfect, I read about cutting my lines. So just screw these on and I would also have to buy new ball lock couplers to connect to the keg? Then connect the lines to this? I have only used the keg a few times so this is all new to me. I plan on sending pics of my connections for further advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some pictures, forgive me for how dirty it looks [emoji23] I just finished a keg right before we moved and just set it all up. Has been sitting for a few weeks.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1487820672.056776.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1487820692.906284.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1487820707.714009.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1487820722.481040.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1487820738.557018.jpg

Hopefully these pictures help you guys realize everything I'll need to hook up to a corny keg.

I think I was able to figure it out, going to get new lines today. Connections and keg will be here Tuesday. Will update everyone with how it goes!

Back