Kegerator Complete!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kice

Reaction score
I've been skimming these forums for a bit now and though I can't directly credit those that inspired this project I'd like to just thank the general community for being both helpful and supportive. :mug:

My dad, myself, and a friend of the family built this from scratch last week. The mini-fridge used is the Frigidaire (4.4 cu ft) found at lowes. The stainless top still needs a bit of finger-print removal =P

Click images for larger view.

Front View with the 2 piece drip tray

2 kegs fit - 1s in the house carbing. Sadly only have water in the blue one :(

Up close view of rear panel.

Below is the rear access panel if I ever need to change lines etc...

Panel all closed up =)

Full frontal view :D

For my new taps I was thinking about using hockey pucks on some sort of extension. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe drill out the puck and put in a threaded insert? Make a polished stainless shaft and screw the puck on? If I can find a way to do it without harming the puck I'll use my auto'd malkin puck =) (makes a nice conversation piece)

Looks great, I finally got a fridge and have to get taps now and some longer hoses.

As long as you have beer ready! I'm sitting here with this damn thing and nothing but water in the kegs :( tbh I didn't think we would have it done this fast and I was trying to time my batches for the 4th!

Back