Kegerator CO2 Line Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnets99

Reaction score
Finnaly got all the parts for my kegerator conversion today. :ban: I'm in the process of getting it set up (pics to follow soon, hopefully). Anyway, I got a question about the CO2 lines:

I bought a two keg conversion kit from kegkits.com. It came with one regulator and a tee fitting to split the lines into each keg. I'm wondering if I should install some type of inline valve between the tee and each keg. I'm fairly certain that at times I'll only be running one keg due to SWMBO's restrictions on how much money I spend on my obsession. Would I be okay running one keg with just the gas fitting disconnected or will I get high everytime I opened the fridge? I've already priced out what I need and didn't fall over, so cost isn't an issue, I'm really just lazy and don't really want to have to do the extra work, but if I have to I will.

Thanks!

Back