Kegerator build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limmy212

Reaction score
hey guys (and gals),
So I'm a little new to this whole world and I really want to build my own kegerator. Im trying make a 1/2 barrel kegerator (full keg 15-16 gal) and I'm not sure what kind of fridge i would need to get. I'm sure i dont want a full sized fridge because I live in a small appartment and that wont fit. Do you have any ideas on fridge models that would fit a full keg? I know that the sanyo 4912 is pretty popular but most forms i've been reading dont mention a full keg but rather two corny kegs w/ a double tap. please help! thanks!

I doubt you'll fit even a half keg in anything other than a full-sized fridge. Take a tape measure to one.

I've got a small full size fridge converted. Like the kind you'd see in an apartment.It's only about 5 1/2 feet tall and it holds one 15 gallon keg...tightly. I know this because the dude I bought it off of had an empty in it he gave me when I bought it (score!). Holds 3-4 cornies depending on how good you are at Tetris.

Back