Kegconnection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 here, good stuff. With their 1/2 priced kegs special when ordering a setup, made them a very good deal, and it was all assembled. Very happy with them.

I know this is more of an individual experience kind of thing, but I wanted to give a multi year later review.
I picked up a 4 keg kit from them back 6+ (10?) years ago, I really don't remember when. it looked great and functioned well at the time. I've kept the CO2 canister in the kitchen by the fridge, mostly unused and the gas kit and taps hanging on the wall in the parlor, unused for at least the last 4 years.
Fast forward to a month ago when I cleaned out one of my storage rooms (I'm renovating the house) and found three filled Cornelius legs, all full or partially full. I'd scribed Kegconnection on the bottom of them, so I know these came from there. Not only were the kegs still pressurized, but the gas kit and taps I got from them all worked like the day I opened the box. I would have expected the lines might have gotten a bit loose over time, or some line might have gotten weak from being hit by sunlight daily over the last few years but the entire kit was just in excellent shape.
It really makes me happy I bought from them, and I wanted to mention it.

I didn’t have a good experience with kegconnection. I ordered a corny keg for my homebrew and it was suppose to have new post and a new lid. They were definitely not new. The post were clogged with stuff and the lid looks like it had been used and needed scrubbing. I have left two reviews and they won’t post them. They screen their reviews and will not post bad reviews.

I didn’t have a good experience with kegconnection. I ordered a corny keg for my homebrew and it was suppose to have new post and a new lid. They were definitely not new. The post were clogged with stuff and the lid looks like it had been used and needed scrubbing. I have left two reviews and they won’t post them. They screen their reviews and will not post bad reviews.

I don't know of any HBS that sells used kegs with new posts and lids unless they are damaged. I'm pretty sure their ad doesn't state "new" stuff on used equipment unless it's something new or a mis print.

I ordered some items from them when I started putting together my keezer. I ordered two "B" grade kegs knowing that they would arrive with only one handle. The problem I had was the handle that was attached was barely attached. When lifted (empty) the handle would lift up. I contacted KC and was told to use epoxy to secure the lid back to the keg. These kegs also arrived really dented up, which again was noted in their ad. For me a one handed keg makes it difficult to add and remove from the keezer as the bottom tends to "kick out" and when tight in space it becomes a PITA.

With that said, those two kegs are relegated to holding starsan and for parts.
I ordered two other kegs from AIH, more expensive by a few dollars but shipping was double the cost. These kegs arrived in great condition. Both handles were attached and these were not all dented etc.
As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

And I too left a review on their site and they would not post. My review wasn't entirely about the kegs and they had some good points but I guess they don't want any 2 or 3 star reviews on their site.

yeah i've bought 6 pinlock kegs and a bunch of perlick rebuild kits from them along with some yeast and malts..

fast shipping and cheap prices.

great place to get kegs , especially when they run specials with free post disconnects for their 3 or 4 pack of kegs.

I bought a 4-pack of used ball lock kegs from them on special a few months ago. They all arrived still holding pressure and they were pretty clean. I replaced all of the o-rings with the new ones they sent and I have been happy so far.

I haven't really tried one of the kegs yet, that arrived with one of the handles bent over some. It still holds pressure, so I think all is fine. It was cheaper than anything I could find locally on craigslist, so hard to beat.

Ordered a 3 keg system build your own system. Took a week and a half to ship out due to perlicks being on backorder (not their fault at all). Showed up in a box completely assembled with everything I ordered. Super easy to set up and worked flawlessly. Would definitely recommend for someone looking into kegging and not sure where to start.
A++

Back