Keg Won't Dispense

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MI_Craig

Reaction score
I've got pressure on the keg (verified with pressure release valve) but nothing will come out of the picnic tap. I removed QD, dip tube and poppet and cleaned everything. Had flow through everything. Reassembled and still nothing. Even when I just push down on the poppet with a chopstick, I get nothing. Ideas?

Are you sure your getting co2 in the keg? Purge your keg a few times to make sure it has pressure. My .02¢

Make sure your dip tube is in the lowest portion of the keg. I have a few with tubes that are not perfectly straight, and if I don't pay attention, they can wander off and lodge themselves on a raised section of the bottom when I tighten down the post. Maybe this is what's going on with yours?

Make sure your dip tube is in the lowest portion of the keg. I have a few with tubes that are not perfectly straight, and if I don't pay attention, they can wander off and lodge themselves on a raised section of the bottom when I tighten down the post. Maybe this is what's going on with yours?

Yep! Thanks.:mug:

Back