keg transport

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kscaglio

Reaction score
Hi all new to this and am looking to take a keg from my keezer to a golf outing with friends about 600 miles away. I have a little picnic CO2 dispenser to add on and am looking to take it with me. Can I just remove it from the CO2 tank and it will be good to go? Or do I need to keep it under pressure while transporting? Thanks in advance.

As long as you don't have any leaks, it will transfer fine. Just remember, as soon as you pull a pint, you lose CO2. As long as you drink it within a day after cracking the first pint, you'll be fine with a picnic CO2 dispensor. Just make sure you have extra cartridges. It'll take a few of them to push a 5 gallon keg.

Thanks that is what I thought but this is my first time kegging beer and didn't want it to go flat. I have 3 extra CO2 carts ready to go. I'm hanging out with 5 offensive lineman from my college football team so I doubt any beer is left after about an hour or two.

from my experience you probably wont even have to hook up the portable co2 charger until you have poured at least 15 beers or so. the act of transporting shakes it up so much there will be plenty of pressure to push it out of a short hose picnic tap for quite a few beers. you will also probably have pure foam for the first couple beers unless you let the keg settle for a while after transporting

Latest posts

Back