Keg Tracking Software - Simple

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoorvtguy

Reaction score
Just to preface this, I've already looked at various programs, flow sensors, and weight calculation programs, usually associated with the Pi, to determine what is on tap in the kegerator/keezer and how much is left in each keg.

I "do computers" for work and I have a Pi on order to "fiddle with". I've programmed in most ancient languages ( including X86 Assembler and mainframe JCL ) so picking up a new one is no biggy. I've designed and published web pages on web servers that I have configured and managed.

All this being said, I need a simple way to track approximately how many beers I left in my kegs and I don't want to have to write it myself. What I do today is keep a simple count on each key and increment it every time I pull off a draft. I know approximately how many standard size drafts I can get off of a keg ( about 45 +/- 2 ) and when I get about 4 weeks out ( half keg? ) I start planning the next brew. I just need something like RaspberryPints that allows me to tap a button next to each keg name/number to increment the amount extracted and then represent the number of drafts that came from the keg or that remain. Nothing fancy, like I said I could write one but I prefer not to due to lack of time. I would want to run this as a Web page of of an existing server ( have RaspberryPints running on XAMPP on a home server already ) so I can run it on my extra Android tablet that would function as my Keezer menu. Thanks.

I'm sorry - was there a question in there?

We have a pair of long-running RaspberryPints threads, the original pre-meter version, and the Version 2 (and counting) thread.

There are a few of us that provide support when the need arises (and it does :)) and questions are best posted in the Version 2 thread...

Cheers!

[today's tap list]

on_tap_11feb2015.jpg

Latest posts

Back