Keg storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sendkyleanemail

Reaction score
Quick question:

If I keg and force carb a batch of beer, then release the excess pressure, and repressurize to say 10-15 psi, can I store it at room temp like that? And for how long?

Indefinitely, or as long (maybe longer) than you would store bottles. As long as there has been little to no oxygen introduced, a keg is one of the best ways to long term store beer.

I was thinking long term would be fine. And thanks for the welcome! Been reading on here for weeks, decided to register today. I am gonna post a couple more questions I have been seeking advice on...

oh... what psi do you recommend for long term storage? and could the beer be stored under pressure but NOT carbonated, then force carbed once it's chilled? thanks!

I have more kegs than I can put in my keezer at any given time. To get around this, I purge the empty kegs with CO2 and then rack into them. Once I've done that I haul the keg to the keezer and hit it with 30PSI to seat the seals and leave it until I have room to put it in for good. Works great.

Latest posts

Back