Keg Sanitizing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billc68

Reaction score
If I sanitize my keg, then pressurize with CO2 an put away for a couple of weeks, do I need to sanitize again before filling?

If I sanitize my keg, then pressurize with CO2 an put away for a couple of weeks, do I need to sanitize again before filling?

You could since the beer going into it is done, has alcohol, and will be cold BUT is it worth the risk of making vinegar? I kegged half a batch with out dry hops last week and the dry hopped yesterday. I cleaned and sanitised both kegs last week. I still did a quick iodine rinse just to be sure though. It was only a few cents of solution and 5 extra minutes.

I wondered about this as well. My kegs get a removable label that indicates when they were cleaned and sanitized, but I still do a pump in and out Starsan before using them. I guess to be efficient I should just rinse and clean, then sanitize just before using.

Back