Keg rebuild/what’s wrong

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yesjenks

Reaction score
Hi All,

Getting back in after 2 years. Long story short I stopped brewing because my beer began to taste bad. In short, there was a metallic like taste in my beer which caused be to stop brewing.

I’m completely breaking down my kegerator and scrubbing everything. I was going to run new wet lines should I run new gas too?

In terms of everything else I was going to scrub the inside of the kegs (as much as possible) and use rebuild kits for the O rights, breakdown the spouts and scrub them down.

Please let me know if you’d suggest anything else?

Kegerator is 4 tap drop freezer that I converted With Cornelius kegs.

Thank you,

Yeah, mostly anything rubber.

I'd consider the EVA barrier lines everywhere - beer and gas both. Just sicne your'e already doing all the work may as well keep the O2 out.

Don't forget the taps.

I second the EVA Barrier stuff, along with Duotight for the fittings. I'll never go back to the conventional beer/gas line.

Thank you both! Added the EVA lines and the duotight fittings too. They look so easy.

With the metallic taste in your beer , did your water change ? City water or well? Just wondering, my well water had an iron taste to it , so I installed a carbon filter cartridge, tastes great now .

Back