Keg rebuild/what’s wrong

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

yesjenks

Reaction score
Hi All,

Getting back in after 2 years. Long story short I stopped brewing because my beer began to taste bad. In short, there was a metallic like taste in my beer which caused be to stop brewing.

I’m completely breaking down my kegerator and scrubbing everything. I was going to run new wet lines should I run new gas too?

In terms of everything else I was going to scrub the inside of the kegs (as much as possible) and use rebuild kits for the O rights, breakdown the spouts and scrub them down.

Please let me know if you’d suggest anything else?

Kegerator is 4 tap drop freezer that I converted With Cornelius kegs.

Thank you,

tracer bullet

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, mostly anything rubber.

I'd consider the EVA barrier lines everywhere - beer and gas both. Just sicne your'e already doing all the work may as well keep the O2 out.

Don't forget the taps.

Yesfan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I second the EVA Barrier stuff, along with Duotight for the fittings. I'll never go back to the conventional beer/gas line.

OP
OP
yesjenks

yesjenks

Reaction score
Thank you both! Added the EVA lines and the duotight fittings too. They look so easy.

Mark3885

Heads Up Brewing
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
With the metallic taste in your beer , did your water change ? City water or well? Just wondering, my well water had an iron taste to it , so I installed a carbon filter cartridge, tastes great now .