Keg portability

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syntrikz

Reaction score
Hello!
Not really an avid poster, but I figured I should share my recent exploit. Over the weekend, I attended an outdoors drinking... I mean horse racing event. I was tasked with bringing beverage. What better way to have friends enjoying home-brew!
The issue was that there wasn't a good way to get a keg from the parking area to the drinking.. I mean racing area. So SWMBO had the wonderful idea of toting around the keg in a baby stroller picked up at a thrift store. We also repurposed my recently made mash tun to keep the keg cool. SWMBO decided it was a good idea to add a bonnet and baby blanket, to make it more "believable". We had more than one set of parents fooled...
-J
2airpg4.jpg

Her name was "Beertany." Forgot to mention, she was an extract batch of wheat beer. It was a very simple recipe, Breiss Bavarian Wheat extract, some crystal 40, German Tetang, fermented with Danstar Nottingham. The beer was a big hit and it was gone quickly!

Back