keg not pouring?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theck

Reaction score
I have a 20lb co2 connect to a 4 way manifold... Tank is outside the system and 10psi, the other 3 kegs are serving correctly but the one isn't (just trickes out), it seems sort of low when I rock it. The kegerator is in the garage in freezing temps, wondering if the low keg has frozen? And if it will be an ongoing issue? Or something else needs checked?

There is a good chance that the beer in the bottom of the keg is frozen. But if the other 3 are serving correctly, I'd take a look to see if maybe some hop material isn't stuck in the poppet. I sometimes get that problem with beers that I dry hop. Just make sure to depressurize the keg before you go mucking around with the poppet.....trust me on that one. :D

There is a good chance that the beer in the bottom of the keg is frozen. But if the other 3 are serving correctly, I'd take a look to see if maybe some hop material isn't stuck in the poppet. I sometimes get that problem with beers that I dry hop. Just make sure to depressurize the keg before you go mucking around with the poppet.....trust me on that one. :D

Ah thanks, that particular one I did dry hop (smash). Thanks I'll pull it when warmer and check it.

No hops stuck, kegs are freezing out there... the thermometer in the fridge says <40 (never goes below 36ish) but the bottoms are freezing when it gets down to the last bit. Anyone have a quick/cheap solution for it? I pulled the switch for the bulb out and the 40 watt is running full time inside but still freezing, lines are fine though.

if you have room, place a piece of 2x4 under to get them off the cold surface. do you have a fan to move the air?

They are on a platform I made since the fridge had a slant on the bottom. The fridge is actually running most times which is odd too. I might just disconnect it and pull the kegs till the weather gets better.

Back