Keg not holding co2 second use

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjadamsfb

Reaction score
So I am new to kegging. I am loving the ease of pouring my own beers, and being able to take a keg with me to parties.

My problem is when I am trying to use a keg for the second time it is not holding pressure. I have been using soapy water but not able to find the leak. This has happened to me on 3 kegs so far.

Might have a leak somewhere between the CO2 tank and the keg. Check your fittings as well as the regulator. First time I had a hard-to-find leak, a lady at the LHBS asked if I had lost the fiber washer that goes between the tank and the coupling that connects the regulator. Sure enough, I had lost it when I took the keg to a party. Good luck!

Might have a leak somewhere between the CO2 tank and the keg. Check your fittings as well as the regulator. First time I had a hard-to-find leak, a lady at the LHBS asked if I had lost the fiber washer that goes between the tank and the coupling that connects the regulator. Sure enough, I had lost it when I took the keg to a party. Good luck!

+1. Often it's not the keg itself, but somewhere along the line.

Easiest way to check most of your fittings is to submerge them in water. Soapy water or starsan is good for the connections you cant submerge, like the keg or tank/regulator connection.

Back