Keg Most bottle a few

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brehuh

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I am getting back into brewing and I have a question. Is there anyway I can bottle a six pack of my homebrew and keep the rest in a keg. Is there a liquid priming sugar product that you only have to use a drop or two in the bottle then fill up the bottle with beer?

I have some priming sugar laying around, I guess I could just cut down the recipe so it would make enough for a 6 pack.

Does anyone one else do this? Any advice?

Use carb tabs or carb drops. I think you can find the brands Cooper's or Munton's. I'm assuming you are going to force carb the keg.

Yeah, they make priming tabs where you basically just put one in each bottle. You can also just put regular priming sugar in each bottle. I don't remember the amount but I think it's are 1/2tsp.

why not just prime the whole batch, and just distribute it among bottles and kegs as normal? Is there a problem with naturally carbing in a keg?

I've used those before. I think you use anywhere from 3-5 tabs per bottle depending on the level of carbonation you want. They carb up in a week or two.

I Keg the whole batch and force carb it all.

Then come back and bottle what I want with my Beer Gun.

How do you keep the bottled versions from losing their carbonation? I've been bottling some force-carbed beer from my kegs lately, and they are all flatter then they should be.

Not flat per se, but flatter than I'd like.

why not just prime the whole batch, and just distribute it among bottles and kegs as normal? Is there a problem with naturally carbing in a keg?

There's no problem conditioning naturally in a keg, but you use a different priming rate when conditioning in a keg vs. bottles. So, you'd end up with either an overcarbed keg or undercarbed bottles.

Some would say my beers are slighty over carbed.

My system is set on 13PSI with 10ft of 3/16" Line. They pour well from the Tap. When i bottle i turn the reg down to 2PSI and Cap on about 1 1/2" to 2" of Foam. I have never had any problems with the Carb levels on the bottle.

But i dont bottle intill they have had 3 weeks @ 13PSI

How do you keep the bottled versions from losing their carbonation? I've been bottling some force-carbed beer from my kegs lately, and they are all flatter then they should be.

are you purging and filling to the top? I've only used my beer gun a couple times and consumed the bottles within a few days to a week of bottling. I haven't had that problem yet and I'm curious what your issue might be

The same thing was happening to a buddy of mine. He was Burst carbing, the old 30 PSI and shake. Then was bottleing soon after. If you look at the Sticky Carbing thread in the kegging section you will see if you getting a improper burst carb you lose carbonation. That’s what I think was going on in his bottles. I have never had any issues, but I use the set and forget method for Carbing.

Back