Keg life

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HawaiianBrew

Reaction score
Just put 10 gals into two kegs, just wondering how long will it stay good. Already done with the carbonation. Keezer holding at 38 degrees. I normally drink it with friends in a weekend

KuntzBrewing said:
The same amount of time it would be good in bottles the beer is still the same.

This. And there's no rush to drink the beer once you start, in case that was part of the question. When you use CO2 to push the beer, the keg is a closed environment. This is unlike buying a keg of commercial beer and using a hand pump where you are introducing outside air/oxygen in order to move the beer. That oxygen will eventually cause the beer to spoil, which is why you have to finish the keg quickly. With CO2 you can drink a lot or a little and the rest will still be fine next week or next month.

This. And there's no rush to drink the beer once you start, in case that was part of the question. When you use CO2 to push the beer, the keg is a closed environment. This is unlike buying a keg of commercial beer and using a hand pump where you are introducing outside air/oxygen in order to move the beer. That oxygen will eventually cause the beer to spoil, which is why you have to finish the keg quickly. With CO2 you can drink a lot or a little and the rest will still be fine next week or next month.

Now that I think about it very true very true. Air with the hand pump and co2.

My keezer holds 10 Kegs. When I lose track of one, or have other beer I drink up first, and end up having a keg sit around for 8 mo's or so, it still tastes great!

Back