Keg left outside over a month. Beer still good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KC10Chief

Reaction score
Back in March, I made a 5 gallon batch of Hefeweizen for a guy I work with that retired. I had to go out of town, so I gave a friend instructions on what to do with the keg. I have the CO2 cartridge thing. They just put the keg on ice to keep it cool. The party was at the end of May. They only drank about half the keg. Then, the keg was left on the guys back porch until today when I finally got it back. Do you guys think the beer is still good? This is Anchorage, AK and it hasn't been above 70 degrees yet this year. But the temperature has fluctuated daily between the low 40s and upper 60s.

If it's been under co2 and not too hot it should be fine. One way to find out, taste it.

High heat seems to cause further degredation of food and beverages, including beer, but I'd expect it to be fine. 40-70 is either fridge or room (with AC) in my parts and I've kept some open(tapped) beer out without an issue. just have to chill when I'm ready to finish it. If there was direct sun, it could affect it, though.

I wouldn't reccomend doing it too often if it can be prevented, of course.

Goblism said:
How? I thought light skunked beer not heat

It gets 95° during the day here. A corny sitting in the sun could be over 100° on the inside.
You ever drink a beer after leaving it in the sun and think it tasted better?

Back