Keg Kit for Christmas, What am I missing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doog_Si_Reeb

Beer is Good. And stuff!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I got the Austin Homebrew kegerator conversion kit for Christmas this year and I'm looking forward to having beer on tap in the garage. I have about 3 weeks before my Irish Ale will be ready to keg but I want to make sure everything is ready when the time comes.

I laid out all the pieces and connected the gas tube and beverage tube to the keg. The one part I can't figure out is how the beverage tube connects to the steel shank that will be installed in the door. I'm assuming I need a fitting or nipple to connect up the tube.

Here's the layout of all the pieces I have so far. I know I need a CO2 tank, but other than that, can any of you tell what fitting is missing for connecting the beverage tube to the shank/faucet assembly? Also, what is the small stainless nipple in the plastic package used for?

Thanks for your help and Happy New Year!

IMG_2262.jpg

Looks like you are missing the beer nut that attaches the nipple to the shank. I received your email but I couldn't look at your order to see what you ordered because you only gave your first name. Let me know the name the merchandise was ordered under or a order number and I can help.

Forrest

Back